2015 Top Honeymoon Destinations
Are you getting married this year and want to plan your perfect honeymoon? Here’s a guide to the top destinations:
- Tahiti: Some may also refer to the area as the infamous Bora Bora island. Tahiti is a perfect romantic getaway. You’ll relax by the beach or in your room overlooking the water. Take in gorgeous sunsets on pristine beaches and enjoy the green mountains in the landscape. While here, enjoy snorkeling and hiking. Also, the food, culture, and breathtaking scenery are sure to make an enjoyable trip. The official busy season for Bora Bora is May through October.
- The Caribbean: including Jamaica, the Bahamas, Dominica, St. Lucia, and Curacao. The Caribbean has a vast number of islands to be visited. The majority of the islands offer stunning beaches and landscapes perfect for honeymooners. If you’d like to see many islands, consider taking a Caribbean cruise that will allow you to experience each island. The best time to visit these islands is mid-December to mid-April.
- Phuket, Thailand: Phuket beckons honeymooners who are looking for relaxation, beaches, culture, and some of the best sunsets you’ll ever see. The island also offers a vibrant nightlife and great restaurants to choose from. While in Phuket, enjoy a cultural experience by trying local food or by visiting one of the many Buddhist temples and shrines. Also, be sure to take a boat ride to the alluring Phi Phil islands. The busy season and best time to visit Phuket is March through May.
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Great Barrier Reef is a must-experience. Snorkel or scuba among the reef and see dazzling fish and reefs. Honeymooners can also enjoy time on the beach or take a helicopter ride to see the reef (and also see the infamous heart-shaped reef). If time allows, consider extending your trip to visiting Sydney, Australia, Bali, Indonesia or New Zealand.
- Safari in Africa: If you crave adventure and want to see wildlife up-close, an African Safari would be a perfect honeymoon. Combine luxurious accommodations, service, cuisine, and adventure with this opportunity to witness animals in their natural habitat. There are many lodges in different regions of the country to choose from.
- Greece: Want relaxation, magnificent views, and a cultural experience? Then Greece is the place for you! Its rich history coupled with stunning scenery creates the perfect romantic getaway. The Greek Islands of Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu, Crete, Rhodes, and Lesbos offer a variety of experiences. Or if you’d like to see all islands, take a Mediterranean Cruise that stops in Greece.
Now that you’ve had a chance to read through the Top Honeymoon Destinations for 2015, give us a call and we’ll plan the perfect getaway for you and your new spouse!