Our Top Travel Tips
Here at Joy Tour & Travel, we have done our fair share of traveling so we thought we’d share our tips and tricks that we’ve learned over the years:
- As far in advance as possible, check your passport and state ID/license to make sure the expiration date is not nearing or does not occur during or shortly after your trip. If the expiration date is looming, take the necessary steps to renew.
- Prior to leaving your house for the airport, make sure you check your flight status. If you flight is significantly delayed or cancelled, you’ll be grateful that you stayed at home rather than waiting at the airport.
- Do your research or have us do the research for you! The internet has allowed travelers to conduct significant research while planning their trips. Make itinerary decisions based on your research. Further, if you are going to a popular destination, plan your trip including activities a year in advance.
- When packing, don’t forget all significant documents and make sure you bring plenty of cash.
- Take pictures. One day, you’ll look back and remember the amazing trip you took!
- Patience is a virtue. Sometimes travel can get the best of us. Whether it’s a delayed flight or hotel booking gone awry. Try to take a deep breath and think about something you are excited about such as relaxing on the beach.
- Sometimes when we travel to destinations, we are focused on the next item on our itinerary. In each location, take a moment to sit down and observe everything around you.
- Finally, splurge every now and then. Traveling can be expensive but if you are in a town and there is a really unique experience that might be more than you’d like to pay, go ahead and splurge for it. Chances are you’ll look back and appreciate the experience!
We hope that these tips and tricks have been helpful! If you have further tips and tricks, please share them in the comment section.