Top 8 Things to Do in Paris
Paris is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Known as “The City of Lights” and “The City of Love,” Paris delights its’ visitors with a vast opportunity of sights to see. Here are our top eight things to do in Paris:
- The Eiffel Tower: is the most iconic sight in Paris. This is a definite must-see! We recommend buying your tickets ahead of time to avoid standing in line too long. Be sure to also check out the tower at night – the lights are spectacular!
- The Musee de Louvre: is the world’s largest art museum and it is often considered the best art museum. Here, you’ll find famous pieces such as the Mona Lisa.
- Notre Dame: is one of the most beautiful and historic cathedrals in the world. Admission is free but we recommend paying the fee to climb the 387 stairs to the top. The view is epic. If you are not a fan of heights, check out the crypt below the cathedral floor.
- Musee D’Orsay: holds the world’s largest collection of Impressionist art featuring Monet, Van Gogh, Manet, Gaugin, and more. Enjoy a bite to eat at the cafe or stroll through the bookstore for an excellent selection of gifts.
- Arc De Triomphe: is a 164-foot tall arch that stands at the head of the Champs-Elysees. Here, climb to the top of the arch and take in the view.
- The Luxembourg Gardens: is a perfect place to bring a picnic or sit on a bench or walk among the magnificent gardens. While you are here, check out the art exhibits at the Musee de Luxembourg.
- Ile Saint-Louis: is a quant area behind the Notre-Dame gardens. It is a great area to walk through and check out the cute shops. While here, take in the facades and quiet courtyards.
- Boat Ride: Enjoy a boat tour where you’ll get to see the city’s most famous landmarks and admire the architecture. If boat tours are not for you, there are bus tours.
Thinking about visiting Paris after reading this? Check out our South of France and Provence River Cruise or call us today to book a custom vacation!