Beat The Heat With These Cool Summer Getaways
Sometimes the heat is too much for some of us to bear. If you’re a fan of cooler weather when it’s hot and humid, check out these destinations:
- Provincetown, MA is a beachside town that offers cool summer breezes. Located at the northernmost tip of Cape Cod, you’ll find 30 miles of beach to explore.
- Alaska offers mild temperatures in the summer in addition to offering breathtaking natural beauty. Here you can do many activities including hiking, biking, fishing, taking a cruise, and more! If you’re interested in seeing the world’s largest sockeye salmon run, go to Katmai National Park in July.
- Vancouver Island in Canada offers forests, lakes, and outdoor adventure. While here, go on a deep-sea fishing trip, a whale-watching excursion, or kayak the inlets of the Pacific Rim National Park.
- Cornwall, England offers a mild climate, breathtaking scenery, and many beaches. Known as a popular British summer getaway, the area offers great shopping, hotels, and restaurants.
- San Francisco averages 72 degrees in July and August, making it the perfect escape in the summer time. The city has many tourist-friendly landmarks in addition to excellent restaurant and shopping options. Explore Golden Gate Park or browse one of the many San Francisco summer street fairs. While here, consider adding a trip to Napa wine country.
- Nova Scotia is made up of charming fishing villages and inviting beaches. Relax on the beach or enjoy the wildlife with a boat ride or a nature hike.
- Seattle and the Pacific Northwest averages 75 as a high in the summertime, making it a perfect getaway. Explore all that Seattle has to offer or venture to Olympic National Park.