Fun Ways to Celebrate the Fourth of July
July Fourth is almost upon us. If you haven’t thought through your plans, here are some fun ways to celebrate the Fourth of July.
- Host a get-together. Invite your friends over during Fourth of July weekend for a get together. If costs are too high, consider a potluck where you’ll assign people to different food categories. Coordinate fun and cheap activities for kids if you’re inviting them. If the party will be adult only, consider making red, white, and blue themed cocktails from sangria to mixed drinks.
- Look for free activities which are usually plentiful around Fourth of July. This can be anything from parades, live music, festivals, and more.
- Attend a Fireworks presentation! This holiday is known for fireworks. If you’re staying at home, don’t set fireworks off on your own – they’re more likely to cause an injury. Leave the fireworks to the experts.
- If you are a fan of the outdoors, consider going camping in one of the national parks. Be sure to check online before leaving to make sure there are spots available. Or, if you’d prefer staying at a hotel, consider a quick weekend getaway.
- Decorate your home with creative red, white, and blue gear. If you’re finding that decorations are too expensive, buy decorations after the Fourth of July to prepare for next year.
- Learn about American History: whether you have toddlers, teenagers or just adults, read up and refresh your knowledge of American History, specifically of the Declaration of Independence.
Do you have some great ideas for how to celebrate Independence Day that we didn’t mention? Share your ideas with us!